Wednesday 27 January 2016

DIY Race Quad - FT VersaCopter

This is my DIY race quad. The frame is a 280 size Flitetest VersaCopter kit, and I used their Power Pack E. The motors are Emax 2204 2300kv and the speed controllers are BL Heli 12a. I am currently using a 3s 1300mah battery, but in the future I will upgrade to a 4s. The quad weighs in at about 465 grams without the battery and GoPro, and about 639 grams with the battery and GoPro. I currently do not have an FPV setup on this quad, but in the next month or so, I will. For the flight controller I am using the Naze 32 Acro version rev 6. I had a lot of problems in the beginning, but after some troubleshooting, I got them sorted out. I found that this flight controller can do so much more than the one I used on my old quad. The quad also feels very dialed in and does exactly what I expect it to with the new flight controller. I am also planning to do alot with this quad in the future and I will be uploading aerial video, pictures, and racing.


No comments:

Post a Comment